About the new logo

So I said I’d come up with a new logo for CPCwiki:

Give me ideas in text form!

LLM stuff is not going to be entertained. I wanna do this properly, and get it good, not “good enough”, ya know?

I’m thinking of two main ideas I can do:

A simple enhancement of the original logo -OR- an all new logo that would look closer to the CPC branding and be super high rez (maybe stickers in the future, etc)

Thoughts, discussion, throw piles of cash at me(joking)?

The above picture made by my fair hand (okay by me using GIMP on my laptop, an LLM AI free zone) has already been posted on Discord.

Is this the kind of thing that is wanted, or is something more radical wanted?

Mark

Frankly speaking, no idea. Haven’t thought about it at all yet (though this one has the problem of not scaling down nicely)

I liked the old logo when you bookmarked the forum in chrome.

Ah that was the favicon, it may yet make a comeback

I guess it depends on the forum style as a whole. Are there other design elements to consider and what is the vibe? I’ve only just arrived! Can you throw a quick mockup of what you mean by a more radical idea?

I think high res and tidy could look nice. It’s always good to have a CPC in view. I also wonder what the above logo would look like with an uncrushed high bitdepth image of the CPC?

The lettering needs a bit of tidy up.

I mean, no need to overanalyze the current logo, it’s something that Gemini banana pro spat out and I passed through an ASCII art converter :smiley:

Ok, old icon is back for your browser tabs :slight_smile: