Proof of concept games with GPT Astra

" …

Some work by Tronic on the interfacing of Astra/Agent with the APIs of Amspirit Lite which allows generation/analysis in order to process steps/failures/successes/improvements to create games

… "

On CRTCs 0, 2, 3, and 4, I only implemented the display of a fullscreen distortion using address control for each line. This allows users to enjoy Ced’s drawings and Shap’s music, since there are no additional effects in this proof of concept.
Using GPT Astra, which has integrated ACCC, Tronic was able to generate this type of CPC code in less than 5 minutes from a simple prompt. For a request for vertical distortion on a fullscreen display on CRTC 1, Astra automatically opted for an RVI technique. For a request for horizontal distortion of a fullscreen display on CRTC 1, Astra automatically opted for an RFD technique. For a request for simultaneous horizontal and vertical distortion of a fullscreen display on CRTC 1, Astra automatically opted for an RVI technique

… " [ Longshot ]

thanks to Longshot for sharing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think this requires further explanation…

2 Likes

Most videos dont work for me, is that on my end or is it just the videos do not play?

These come from streamable.com, looks like it’s not exactly immediate. On my phone they refused to play, on my laptop they had to buffer first?

Mmm , yes you are right on phone dont start to play :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Like you guys these videos don’t seem to work on my phone. Even on my laptop the only one that plays is the 2nd one. The others I had to download via each of the videos ‘more options’ to be able to see what they were properly.

I see all of them on Chrome on my MacBook Pro and on Safari on my iPhone.

What device/OS/Browser are you using?

They al work fine here (Edge on Google Pixel) and look pretty impressive. The Outrun one doesn’t look a lot like Outrun, tbh, but could be the makings of an impressive generic racer nonetheless.

Windows 11 using Edge. Although I have some privacy tools that initially blocked Streamer embedded content from loading. Unblocked those and the embedded objects loaded but the videos didn’t play other than the 2nd one. Doesn’t happen with YouTube embedded content.

Most videos does not play (Linux/Firefox). Seems interesting and would like to know more, but I could not find the original source of this information. Was it shared in the open? Or just previewed in some walled garden? Any URLs?

I would reup them to YT to embed here, but I don’t know how much control Tronic wants over them…

1 Like

I uploaded the videos to another hosting video site and the same thing is happening—it’s crazy, haha.

Corrupted source, probably?

Yes!

Also where do these quotes come from? Can we see the complete thing?

1 Like

#artificial-zone discord Channel from amstrad CPC comunity server.

1 Like

I think it’s definitely the codec they are using.

I downloaded one on my Mac and it would play without sound, so I converted it with Handbrake and lo and behold, now it plays with sound.

Here’s the video I converted:

4 Likes

Oh! Thanks! I had the “Other stuff” group hidden there! Oopsie! :slight_smile:

I am using Claude Opus 5 to create my games. It handles it quite well. Astra seems to expensive for now.