6128 Keyboard misbehaviour

So, my 6128 is great. Works perfectly but the key action on it is terrible.

keys can stick physically, making the keys hard to press or type quickly on.

Is there anything that I can do (besides cleaning, already tried, didn’t help) to improve the key action on my 6128 keyboard?

Lubrication. I used silicone spray lube on the insides of the holes in the top case half and the key action improved tremendously. You don’t need much - wipe it off well before reassembly and the thin film left over is all that’s needed.

I just opened it and cleaned the keyboard and the membrane when I had that problem.

I had thought about that, but I was worried about using anything that might be particularly chemical. I’ll have to give that a go. Given my other option was getting a mechboard for it, I think the lubricant spray is probably going to be cheaper.

I gave it a healthy spray, and cleaned the excess. The key action is great now and it doesn’t stick at all.

1 Like