Rasputin (AI turbo edition)

Code & Logic Involvement

Debugging / Optimization only (Human wrote, AI analyzed/fixed)

Assets & Pipeline Involvement

None (Code-only or pure human assets)

Project Notes & Prompts

Hi folks.

Rasputin is a game I loved back in the day, but I always felt it was a little slow.
Claude has made it much faster.

In RVM in-browser:

Q - turn left
W - turn right
O - walk
P - jump
M - use shield
M+P - use sword
ESC - pause
ENTER - unpause (may need to hold for a moment)

Joystick controls should work if using the dsk in an offline emulator.

rasputin_fast.dsk (199.8 KB)

3 Likes

I’d only played a demo of this on the Spectrum years ago, so tried the CPC version as well as your updated version. It certainly makes it faster, though I find the turning to be a bit too quick sometimes now.

Here’s a cart version if anyone wants to give it a go on the GX4000.

rasputin_fast.cpr (256.1 KB)

Up - walk
Left - turn left
Right - turn right
Fire 1 - jump
Down - use shield
Hold Down and press Fire 1 - use sword

2 Likes