Use of tags in the forum

PLEASE READ.

I would like to urge you to be careful with the tags you add to your posts. This is not a case of “let’s get a truckload of hashtags in there to promote it in Facebook” kind of situation, tags are there for easier searching.

When adding a tag, take care to search through the available ones. Do not use multiple tags with similar meaning (e.g. ‘news’, ‘announcement’).

I’m guilty of that too, seeing as I created both an Atari and an AtariST tag.

Also, no need to duplicate a category name in a tag; for instance, if you’re posting under Hardware, there’s no need to tag your post ‘hardware’.

If you’re not sure, let’s discuss it.

On the other hand, please do use tags!

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Perhaps some corrections:-

f##kload = truckload

gor = for

What’s wrong with fuckload? Or is it just ‘bad language’?

Because it doesn’t make the forum look professional, mature and welcoming to newcomers?

Well it’s not a professional forum, but I’ll agree with the rest :slight_smile: